Windows in My life

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

One Year ago Feb. 4th

One year ago on February 4th, 2009, I was getting over a cold, had been out sick from work for 3 days, and I was 22 weeks pregnant (see link in title for more details). I had just got off of work, driving home and waiting for a car to turn left in front of me, then out of nowhere a car rear ends me and I am for ever changed. Well, my back was hurting and a worry that I might not carry,(at the time) the unborn baby, to 24 weeks let alone the full 37 weeks. That seemed very far away that day.

Its pretty scary to be thinking that some average day can turn into one of the defining moments in a life, even if its not yours, of your unborn child. That day I feared more for the one that wasn't born that had no clue what was going on, then myself. The knowledge if there was something wrong and it had to be born that day, its chances of survival weren't very good until two weeks later. And that was a big if it could survive at that point as well.

I remember everything that went on that day, but I think the best part was to feel my baby move and kick from the long time that I was strapped to a board (see picture above). My husband was there (the 5th is his birthday) and I had him record the heartbeat off of the fetal monitor for a Valentines idea I had that I sent to most of the grandparents (I owe one to a grandma). We were going to get the Heartbeat the next day because I all ready had a routine appointment to see my OB-GYN, but this just speed up what we were going to do anyway. Here is what we did: we got a few record your own voice Valentines day cards from the Hallmark store (I heart that store), placed the recording of the heartbeat and a note to the grandparents hinting about what the sound was that they were listening to (I need to get that from my dad because I don't know where I put the file and I want to have that again.).

The next week from the accident I was in pain and couldn't get off of work until I saw the doctor which I did the next Friday, Feb, 16th, and from then on it was a blur of Motrin and Tylenol. The last picture above is from my car, It doesn't look so smashed but the trunk area had a large crumple that totaled the car and I have been with out one for almost a year. I do have the VW Bug, but that is another story that I will get in to later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! Please be respectful of others as they are to you!